Introducing: Northern Star Digital Command Station
This product is under development. It will be done when it is done. Click here to receive email updates from Railstars.
The New Face of Digital Layout Control
Northern Star is the centerpiece of your digital layout, providing a direct link to your DCC-equipped rolling stock, turnouts, and signals. OpenLCB technology ensures the smoothest possible user experience: Turn it on, and it quietly slips into the background, providing a transparent link to your DCC-equipped trains.
- Plugs in to your OpenLCB network
- No configuration necessary
- In fact, no interaction of any kind necessary
- Control up to 100 trains at once
- Works with any OpenLCB throttle
- Keeps a rich database of your rolling stock
- Program any DCC decoder, old or new
- Built-in 1-amp booster and programmer
Northern Star works out of the box with Satellite handheld throttle!
Compatible Power Stations
Northern Star is compatible with power stations from NCE, MRC, Digitrax, as well as the Railstars RAILbooster digital power station.
- 2x OpenLCB CAN jacks
- 1x DCC track out (12–16V @1A)
- 1x DCC programming out (12–16V @250mA)
- 1x Power jack
- Fast 16MHz RISC microprocessor
- 1GB solid-state memory for database
- 100 simultaneous DCC-equipped trains
- 50 simultaneous DCC consists
- Simultaneous throttles limited only by network topology
- 1x glowing red power indicator
- Length: 2.9″
- Width: 4.6″
- Height: 0.95″
All specifications are subject to change without notice.